- Before we start, what does all the jargon mean?
- What type of hosting do you provide?
- Who are Quantum Enterprises?
- What services do you offer?
- How do I transfer my domain name to Quantum Enterprises control?
- What technical support do you offer?
- I have another question which isn't covered above.
Here are some explanations of the terms regarding the Internet, World Wide Web and web design.
- The Internet - A huge network of computers all connected to together that allow transfer of information around the world
- World Wide Web - A certain way to display and share information using pages containing 'hyperlinks'
- Hyperlinks - Also know just a links, these allow different web pages to be linked together. Text or images can be defined as a hyperlink. When the link is clicked on it takes the user to another part of the page, another page on the website, or even a completely different website. Links also allow files to be downloaded.
- Hosting - The housing of your website on a computer hooked up to the World Wide Web.
- Domain name - The 'address' of your website. e.g. The address of this website is www.quantumenterprises.co.uk/webdesign
- Domain Name Server (DNS) - The computers on the Internet don't understand domain names as words. Instead they see them as a series of numbers separated by dots. The Domain Name Service translates the written address into a numerical address, and vice versa.
- Website - A set of web pages that are usually all housed on the same web host (see hosting below) and cover a single subject, idea, or business.
- Web Design - The creation of a website.
We provide Unix based hosting. Yopur may only host one website per hosting account. Please also see What services do you offer?
Quantum Enterprises was founded by Andy Hunt back in 1995, and are based in Wellington, Somerset, UK. To find out more, please visit the main Quantum Enterprises website.
Quantum Enterprises web design offers a full web hosting service, whih includes domain name registration. This is backed up full technical support.
Our single website hosting plans come with many easy-to-use features, such as an online file manager, UNLIMITED email accounts, UNLIMITED auto-responders, UNLIMITED mailing lists, UNLIMITED webspace, webmail pro, pop3 and IMAP mailboxes, 40+ automated script installations, support for popular blog, forum, shopping carts, wiki and content management software, including the latest PHP 5 and MySQL 5 technology and shared secure server space (SSL), AND the option of adding on our VERY popular WebSite Builder PLUS software, plus much much more.
Please visit our Features page for full details.
Domain transfers are not as complicated as you may think Follow the steps below and you will find domain transfers are easy and certainly not as complicated as some people may have you believe.
US Domain Transfer Procedure
Non-UK domains require an EPP code.
An EPP Code (also referred to as an Auth Code or an Authorisation Code) provides an extra level of security for the domain name registration. The authorisation code is unique for each domain name and is assigned by the registrar at the time the domain name is registered.
To obtain the EPP code, you MUST contact the current registration company to obtain it. A domain cannot be transferred without this authority code
. Once you have the code, please let us know what it is.
Finally, ensure that the domain is 'UNLOCKED for TRANSFER' at the current registration company and that the Administrative Contact of the domain can receive emails.
Once you've completed the above:
The US registrar will then:
1) Contact the administrative contact of the domain via email to verify that they approve of the transfer. Once verified.....they
2) Check the domain is unlocked for transfer and move it across to your account with us for management.
3) We confirm the transfer via email to you.
If any of the above fails, the transfer will fail and you will receive an email from us telling you why. As always though, if you need help please let us know.
UK Domain Transfer Procedure
Transferring a UK domain is even simpler.
All you need to do is change the IPS TAG of your domain to NETDEVELOPMENT
You may be able to do this through your current control panel, or by requesting the current domain registration company to change it for you.
Once the IPS TAG has been changed, within approximately 24 hours (at most)* your domain will be transferred and ready for us to manage. We will then confirm the transfer to you via email.
Note: Do not change the tag BEFORE you have requested us to initiate the domain transfer (and we have confirmed the initiation) or it will be rejected.
Should you have any questions about the process before or during, please contact us. We're only too happy to help.
*It shouldn't take any longer than this in normal circumstances, however, any delays will be due to the registrar you are leaving delaying in processing the tag change.
No problem. provided that you can give us the necessary login details for transferring the new website using FTP, you can stay with your existing hosting company if you wish.
Most technical support related to your hosting account comes free of charge. This includes phone calls and replies to e-mails to explain the solution to your problem. If we feel that the work required comes outside of the free technical support remit, we will inform you before it costs you anything.
We are currently working on a new technical support service that will encompass all PC related problems. This will include remote access to your computer so that we can fix your problem without the cost of making a visit. Web hosting clients will receive preferential rates.
If you have a question that hasn't been answered above, please contact us.