Terms & Conditions
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Click here for our general terms and conditions of service. (This will open in a new window and take you to the main Quantum Enterprises website)
LOGO FONT SERVICE
By using the Custom Logo Font creation service, the customer is hereby giving Quantum Enterprises the full rights to reproduce any logos or materials supplied for reproduction. The customer warrants that Quantum Enterprises will not be held liable for any breaches of copyright, or Trade Marks, registered or otherwise.
Quantum Enterprises accepts no responsibility for loss or damage, either direct or indirect, as a result of installing or using fonts supplied as part of the Custom Logo Font service. We also draw your attention to our specific note on fonts supplied for Macintosh (below).
Quantum Enterprises does not accept responsibility for loss or damage of any materials sent in the post, nor for any problems arising from the sending and receiving of images / files or font files via the Internet.
Custom Logo Fonts are normally produced within 10 working days of acceptance of the quote. However, this lead time cannot be guaranteed during times of very high demand (e.g. during advertising campaigns) or from circumstances that occur beyond our control.
Font Retention By Quantum Enterprises
Unless you agree to Quantum Enterprises hosting your font on our Examples page, we will only retain Custom Logo Fonts and associated submission forms / materials for a maximum of 30 days. It is your responsibility to make backups of fonts. If you lose a font after the 30 day period you will be required to make another purchase. This also applies to loss, damage or deterioration of font CDs after the 30 day period.
Acceptance Of Limitations
By using our Custom Logo Font creation service, you are accepting that certain limitations apply when trying to reproduce images as a font. These limitations are:
- The font quality is completely dependent on the quality of the image(s) supplied. We will do our best to produce the best quality font from the materials supplied, but cannot be held responsible if the font quality is found to be unacceptable due a poor original source.
- Although the printed output quality of logo fonts is very high, limitations in the conversion process means that letters in the logo font may never quite match the original quality of the font upon which they are based. Logo fonts are produced for use in normal business stationary such as letterheads, invoices, complimentary slips etc.
- The more complicated the original logo to be produced, the less accurate the reproduction of the logo in the font. This is due to limitations in the font creation software, and the inability of most computers to handle large (memory hungry) font files. It is recommended that logos are not enlarged to more than 100 points in a document. Enlargements greater than this may start to reveal the limitations of the font. We do not recommend the use of a logo font for large graphic projects such as billboards and large posters.
- As with any custom font, logo fonts are not generally suitable for use in e-mail messages as they require the recipient to have the font already installed on their computer.
- The success of colour logo reproduction is dependent on the complexity of the image, the number of colours, and the presence of colour gradients. Photographs are particularly unsuitable for conversion. We will only attempt a colour conversion if we feel the results are going to be acceptable. If necessary, we will ask you to formally approve a preview of the finished font before completing the work. Microsoft Office 97 or earlier only provides access to the basic 16-Colour Windows palette and is not always suitable for re-creating colour logos. We will advise you when we receive your logo.
- For colour logos, the colour numbers (RGB values) supplied are suggestions only, based on the colours in electronic or hard copy materials supplied. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that colours are accurately matched to their own company logo standard.
- True Type Fonts produce superior results when printed at maximum quality, and should not be judged by their appearance on screen alone.
- We will attempt to produce and amend fonts to the customer's full satisfaction, but if such modification results in having to start the font creation process from scratch, then the customer will be liable to make a further payment to cover the costs.
Assignment to keyboard letters
Unless you have a very specific requirement for assignment of your logo to key on the keyboard, please let Quantum Enterprises make recommended choices. This will ensure that your font name (and logo) is correctly displayed in the font menu. If you have any specific requirements, please let us know.
Fonts Supplied For The Macintosh Computer
OSX - The OSX operating system recognises and can use True Type Fonts as they are supplied. However, later versions of the Macintosh OSX operating system may report errors on some True Type fonts. Customers who have had this problem, and who have installed the fonts anyway, have found the fonts to function with no problem. We once again remind you that Quantum Enterprises accepts no responsibility for loss or damage, either direct or indirect, as a result of installing or using fonts, supplied as part of the Custom Logo Font service.
Mac OS 9 - Your font will be supplied as a converted mtt.bin file, in addition to the True Type Version. The Stuffit Expander is required to decompress the font for installation.
THE RIGHT TO CANCEL YOUR ORDER
Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 you have the right to cancel your order, for any reason, within 7 working days of placing your order. However, this right to cancel only applies to goods that can be returned.
You may only cancel your Custom Logo Font order BEFORE you receive the font.
You may remove your logo from our Examples page at any time. Please supply written confirmation when removal is required.
By placing an order for non-returnable goods that will be delivered / supplied before the 7 day cooling off period has expired, you are agreeing to forfeit your right to cancel after non-returnable goods have been shipped.
If you do decide to cancel your order with in the cooling off period, and this cancellation meets the above requirements, your money will be refunded in full.
Returnable goods must be returned to Quantum Enterprises within 21 days of cancellation, in original condition, at the customer's expense.
4 The Old School House,
Lower Sea Lane,
Tel. +44 (0)845 299 7299
Quantum Enterprises respects your privacy. Please see our Privacy Statement for more information.